Thursday, May 14, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Merline Lovelace

22521831

Today is the SOS America Military Tribute at the RT Booklovers' Convention.   Our guest speaker is Merline Lovelace.  From her bio,


After 23-years in the United States Air Force, Colonel Merline Lovelace hung up her uniform for the last time and launched a second career as a writer, basing many of her tales on her own experiences in the military and on her travels around the globe.

Her works have won numerous awards, including the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA. Merline is especially proud to have been named Oklahoma’s Writer of the Year and the Oklahoma Female Veteran of the Year.

Picture
Merline in Vietnam ...

HER UNFORGETTABLE ROYAL LOVER has been nominated for RWA's RITA award for contemporary romance/short:

Undercover agent Dominic St. Sebastian never expected to be dubbed a duke. The resulting media frenzy puts his name in the headlines and his undercover career on hold. And it's all the fault of his cousin's dowdy research assistant Natalie Clark, who dug up the information…then showed up on Dom's doorstep with a case of amnesia! 

So why is Dom suddenly finding her so unforgettable? Could it be that Natalie isn't what she seems? One thing's certain: their undeniable magnetism is about to take them on a royally wild ride!



Mahalo, Merline, for your service to our country!  May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1. What do you know about Oklahoma?  Have you visited the Sooner State?

2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,
Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Merline and her books at merlinelovelace.com

175702941805086422891987

Other books in the Duchess Diaries series ... 

25 comments:

  1. My step daughter moved to Oklahoma last year, so we plan to visit her there later this year. It will be my first time in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that there is a musical by the same name. It's a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about the Sooner state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've visited Oklahoma several times. I've been to the National Cowboy and National Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City (has some beautiful artwork). I also know it is in Tornado Alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not been to Oklahoma, but I learned to spell it from the musical... and still in my mind, I hear it sung O K L A H O M A !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only driven through it to get to Texas. One time on our back, we stopped at the Oklahoma City federal bombing memorial and it so much more emotional impacting than I though it would be. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been there but only for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never visited Oklahoma. I know about the bombing and the dust bowl in the 30;s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lived in Kansas for about 10 years and lived close to the Oklahoma border. I've never stayed there but I've driven through a few times :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually lived in Oklahoma for a year. My husband was stationed at Tinker Air Force Base. I found it to be very dry, dusty and quite frightening when a tornado was coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never been to Oklahoma. I know that it is located in the Great Plains region. Since it is part of Tornado Alley, it frequently has severe weather and deadly tornadoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to Oklahoma. The only thing I know about it is that they have lots of tornadoes and severe weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know much about the Sooner state, but as others have said I hear about the deadly tornadoes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. not sure; never been

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never been. Oil country?
    patoct

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the musical! Never been there, but my cousin went to school there (after getting out of the air Force) and met his wife who grew up in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know that the major Texas college football teams aren't big fans of the major Oklahoma college football teams. Does that count for anything? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oklahoma is one of my state "neighbors," since I'm in Texas. Also, it's the 45th state admitted to the Union. And, it boasts a great musical.

    Merline sounds like a fascinating woman. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never been and the musical is the only thing that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nothing much! I've never visited.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never visited and don't know very much about Okhlakoma.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not very much.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete