Saturday, May 30, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Donna Michaels

23263358

Today is our finale of Military Appreciation Month with the spotlight on Donna Michaels!  She hosted the National Guard themed table at the SOS America Military Tribute.  From her bio,

I’m happily married to a military man for 28 years. We have four children and several rescued cats. Michael’s been in the Army National Guard since before he graduated. The Guard has been a part of our lives right from the start. It was only natural for the military to spill into my writing. God bless the military and their families. Thank you all for your sacrifices. ♥


Learn more about Donna and her books at donnamichaelsauthor.com.

24375903

Donna's bookshelf includes the Citizen Soldier series -

WYNE AND DINE
Citizen Soldier Series/Book 1: Ben
Heat index: Hot

Lea Gablonski has two dreams: To work at a museum in NYC, and to gain other-than-sisterly attention from her best friend’s brother. So far, she’s 0 for 0. Though her MA in History is just a wall decoration at her family’s diner where she’s working while her dad recovers from surgery, she enjoys her visual encounters with the sexiest man alive—even though he would sooner pat her on the head than take her to bed.

Military born and bred, Battalion Supply Sergeant Benjamin Wyne thrives on order and control in his fulltime career in the PA National Guard, and in his personal life. But when he’s forced to ask his childhood sweetheart’s younger sister to pose as his girlfriend to thwart unwanted advances from his boss’ wife, his world turns chaotic. Lea is sweet and hot and tastes so damn good he’s addicted. When the attraction takes on a new level at his sister’s wedding, his carefully guarded heart begins to thaw.

But he’s seen many relationships go south. If he takes a chance and gives up control, will Lea be like her sister and leave him for a career in the big city? Yet, if he doesn’t, will the best damn thing to ever enter his life become history?


WYNE AND CHOCOLATE
Citizen Soldier Series/Book 2: Mason
Heat Index: Hot

Jill is a chocoholic with a big heart, a flair for baking and confection, and a knack for getting into predicaments, including the one where she was almost financially ruined by her ex. Now she’s in a new town, with a new business, and is determined to stay away from trouble. Especially, the gorgeous guardsman with the haunted gaze, brooding expression and miserable attitude. Her days of helping people were over. She was tired of being taken advantage of and was looking forward to getting back on her feet. Too bad her new business venture puts her in daily contact with the sexy man.


The Minuteman inspire the logo for
the National Guard

Mahalo, Donna, for serving as a military spouse!  For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1.  What your favorite wine and/or chocolate?


2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winners on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City



24 comments:

  1. Moscato is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink wine so I don't have a favorite. I love chocolate.....chocolate cake, pie, brownies, ice cream...yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just enjoying finding wine that is super low in sulfites so I can drink it (from Water 2 Wine) -- I'm loving a variety! As for chocolate dark chocolate is my favorite, especially if it has caramel and/or nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cabernet Savignon is my favorite wine. I prefer dark chocolate now - it's good for you like the red wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like anything that is chocolate. If it has walnuts, pecans, or almonds, all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a favourite wine, but I do prefer a sweet white.

    I love all chocolate, but a milk chocolate with nuts is a great favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milk chocolate with hazelnuts and raisins. Absolutely delicious :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't drink alcohol at all so I would pick chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love any kind of chocolate....especially chocolate that has nuts in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a favorite wine although I enjoy a glass every now and then. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate, but don't have a favorite brand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Favorite wine is Cabernet Sauvignon. I love all kinds of chocolate, but my favorite chocolate candy bar is Milky Way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't drink, but my favorite chocolate is milk chocolate, and it has to be English.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've enjoyed visiting several vineyards in Virginia - I prefer a lightly sweet, not to dry white wine. I love dark chocolate, like a Mounds bar or a Hershey Special Dark.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always recommend any wine by Oliver Winery in Bloomington, IN.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love dark chocolate paired with a sweet red wine.

    Denise

    My dad was in the DNG. They had a smaller bronze statue of the Minuteman they used to take to events. He--the statue--was nicknamed "Howie." Because they would joke about "how are we going to move him."

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. any kind of chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite wine is white zinfandel. I love any kind of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite is Snickers chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hersheys plain chocolate bar or Godiva dk choc truffles. Wine: Moscato.
    patoct ( Pat L. )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not a big wine drinker (I love the glasses though haha) but I ADORE chocolate! Milk chocolate is my favorite, with chocolate with almonds coming in second. I really love dark chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not a wine drinker, but I do like a sweet moscato and I love truffles :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love lindt chocolate truffles and red wine :)

    ReplyDelete