Thursday, May 21, 2015

May is National Military Appreciation Month - Aloha to Susan Stoker

25316662

Breaking News! I am now posting pictures from the RT Booklovers' Convention on my travel blog, Aloha On My Mind, at this link

Susan Stoker co-hosted a SEAL themed table at the SOS America Military Tribute.  From her bio,

Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Texas where she lives but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, and Indiana (Kim's comment - clear indicated she is a military spouse). She is quite the romantic and even met the love of her life on "Hotmail classified" before online dating and sites like match.com even existed!

Susan loves writing but her true passion is adopting dogs from rescue groups and shelters. Susan and her husband have had a total of nine "rescued" dogs since 2000 including a variety of basset hounds and bloodhounds. She has recently branched out and adopted a basset/terrier mix who acts more like a terrier than a basset (i.e. digging, eating a couch and being hyper). If you love romance and want to help her support adopting great dogs, be sure to check out her work!


Learn more about Susan and her books at stokeraces.com.



Mahalo, Susan, for your dog rescue efforts!  Susan is getting ready for the release of PROTECTING JESSYKA on July 7: 

Kason “Benny” Sawyer was the last single man on his Navy SEAL team. He loved his teammates like brothers and respected each and every one of their women. They’d all been through hell and they deserved their current happiness. But seeing the love between his friends and their women made it tough to be the odd man out all the time.

Jessyka Allen had a good life, until it wasn’t anymore. Finding herself in an impossible situation, with no noticeable way out, her job was an escape. Working at the small Bar and Grill put her in contact with some wonderful people, who Jess figured couldn’t ever understand what she was going through.

Being a SEAL, Benny thought he knew the true meaning of teamwork and friendship. But Jess would show him that everything he thought he knew about sacrifice, trust, and love, paled in comparison to what she brought into his world.

Protecting Jessyka is the 6th book in the SEAL of Protection Series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but it’s recommended you read the books in order to get maximum enjoyment out of the series.


2336109523563295

May is National Military Appreciation Month. For the month of May, I am giving away one grand prize of books and swag from the authors featured this month (link). Plus five more commenters - one for each branch of service - wins a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about dogs - do you have a favorite breed? My family favors cats ... but we like any dogs that love to play! 
2. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City


2463971325071862

35 comments:

  1. Love pit bulls. Mine were so loving and playful. Miss them .

    ReplyDelete
  2. German Shepards because they are protective and Beagles because I love their howl! Love, love, love Susan's books! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love German shepherds, but I have cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chihuahua and labs. Guess who is the boss. I love Susan's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maryboehm56@gmail.comMay 21, 2015 at 10:35 PM

    Love all dogs. Mutt variety here with cats. Had a lab / bullmastiff once. Smart dog with protectiveness for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I favor cats too. But my brother has a very cute and good golden retriever.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll go with golden retrievers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have two English Black Labs now. They are smart, protective and very good with children. Before these two, we had a German shepherd/Char Pei mix, a small terrier mix and two cats.
    Thank you for the chance to enter.
    Anita S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My baby is my German Shepherd, Hunter. Normally I'm a cat person, but he's my dream puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a cat, but I rather like poodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love dogs! I've had mutts, cocker spaniels and welsh terriers! Crazy days in the summer and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like dogs. I don't have a favorite breed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband likes big dogs so we have a black lab and a blue heeler/catahoula mix but I personally would love to have a pug or a jug someday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had a jack Russell named Molly and have a cat named Clover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love dogs! My avatar is a "baby" pic from when he was 3 months old. He's a beagle/pointer mix. I don't have a breed fav. I like mixes cuz it's fun to have a dog that looks different from the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My youngest is allergic to dogs but not cats. Weird. I had many dogs and my favorite was a Golden Retriever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love dogs. Many are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge. My two furbabies are mini poodles, one black and one white. Charlie(Tuna) and Hendrix. My neighbor deemed them Tuna and Noodle. lol These two little guys are the love of our life!!
    Thanks for the wonderful words about Susan. She is a very talented and wonderful person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love most dogs. However, my husband is a diehard golden retriever person.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love most dogs. However, my husband is a diehard golden retriever person.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Australian shepherd but am cat person

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm an animal lover and have had rats for the last 15 years. I never thought I would have a dog as an adult because I always adopted rats. I had a dog when I was a kid and loved him. Then 6 months ago my hubby came home and asked if I'd be willing to take on a dog because he talked a lady and her husband into giving him to us because they were abusive. So we've now had Falcor for 6 months. He's a small Chihuahua/ Jack Russel Terrier mix and He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love dogs. I will always have a special fondness for white german shepherds.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I grew up with cats and dogs as pets. Hubby doesn't like cats, so we're a "Dog Family" now. We currently are looking for our newest addition to the family, another rescue dog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. In the past I have had poodles and cocker spaniels.....now I'm a cat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cocker spaniels or retrievers.
    patoct (Pat L.)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love a lot of dogs, and actually favor mixed breeds - they often have excellent dispositions and don't have some of the health issues as pure breds.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorites are German Shepards, Saint Benards, and Newfoundlands.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't have a favorite breed of dog. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love all kinds of dogs as long as they are well-behaved (0:

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all dogs but my favorite would have to be the Shih Tzu. They are just adorable and so loving.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love King Charles Cavaliers. One of my sisters' had two of them. I also love Pomeranians and Yorkshire Terriers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Unfortunately I'm allergic :-( But I love Dalmatians!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Am really not an animal person.

    ReplyDelete